Autopsy User's Guide
This page contains information on using Autopsy in a digital investigation.
The sleuthkit-users e-mail list is used to discuss questions and problems with Autopsy and The Sleuth Kit. Post questions to that list if you do not find them answered on this site or the sleuthkit.org site.
These are documents and resources from sleuthkit.org. Please do not remove these links as they could be the only links to the documents.
- Help pages that are automatically updated and describes how to use the system.
- man page that is automatically updated and describes basics of launching the program.
- Sleuth Kit Informer contains some articles on Autopsy.
These are external documents that have been created by other Autopsy users.
- Law Enforcement and Forensic Examiner Introduction to Linux: A Beginner's Guide. Barry Grundy. 2003. NASA.
- Running Sleuthkit and Autopsy Under Windows document (local copy) by Charles Lucas
- Japanese help by Motonobu Takahashi
- Documentación de Autopsy en español por Alonso E. Caballero Quezada
Refer to Books and Courses on TSK for books and such that also cover Autopsy.
There is help system inside of Autopsy 3 that provides an overview of using the system. We will try to make that available online too.