Revision as of 10:03, 4 February 2013 by Apriestman
This page provides a quick overview of the YAFFS2 file system. For a more complete description, see How Yaffs Works.
Details on how TSK implements YAFFS2 can be found in YAFFS2 Implementation Notes.
- Chunk : Data unit consisting of a page and spare area
- Block : Group of chunks ( a block is the unit of erasure)
- Object : A YAFFS2 file/directory/etc
- Object ID : Unique identifier for each object
- Chunk ID : Position of this chunk in the file (0 = header, 1 = first chunk)
- Sequence Number : Increments with each block written and stored in each chunk of a block (used to order blocks chronologically)