Autopsy 3rd Party Modules
This page will list the third party modules that have been written for Autopsy. Autopsy comes with a set of modules, but other developers are encouraged go write modules instead of stand-alone tools.
Autopsy has many new frameworks and as more modules are written, this page will obviously get longer.
Ingest modules in Autopsy run on each data source and file that are added to the case. These modules are responsible for the big data analysis where they extract data from specific files and put the results in the embedded database.
Autopsy AHBM (sdhash)
- Description: Released as part of OSDFCon 2013 Development contest. Approximate Hash Based Matching module allows the investigator to efficiently employ sdhash in Autopsy 3. The investigator can match files against other files or sdhash reference sets during ingest, or search for similar files from the directory viewer or search results after ingest.
- Author: Petter Bjelland
- Minimum Autopsy version: 3.0.7
- Source URL: https://github.com/pcbje/autopsy-ahbm
- Release Download: https://github.com/pcbje/autopsy-ahbm/releases
- License: Apache 2.0
- The video presentation is also uploaded to youtube: http://youtu.be/GBmZRufH_3o
Windows Registry Ingest Module
- Description: An ingest module that extracts Registry keys and values into derived directories and files so that they show up as nodes in the directory tree. First place winner in the OSDFCon 2013 challenge.
- Author: Willi Ballenthin
- Minimum version of Autopsy required: 3.0.7
- Source URL: https://github.com/williballenthin/Autopsy-WindowsRegistryIngestModule/
- Release Download: https://github.com/williballenthin/Autopsy-WindowsRegistryIngestModule/tree/master/precompiled
- License of source code: Apache 2
Data Content Viewer Modules
Author: Basis Technology
Minimum Autopsy version: 3.0.7
Description: Takes snapshots of videos so that you do not have to view the entire video to determine what it contains.
Release Download: http://www.basistech.com/digital-forensics/autopsy-modules/
Windows Registry Content Viewer
Author: Willi Ballenthin
Minimum version of Autopsy required: 3.0.7
Description: Content viewer that functions something like Regedit.exe.
Source URL: https://github.com/williballenthin/Autopsy-WindowsRegistryContentViewer
Release Download: https://github.com/williballenthin/Autopsy-WindowsRegistryContentViewer/blob/master/precompiled/com-williballenthin-autopsy-wrcv-3.0.7-20131001.nbm
License of source code: Apache 2
- No 3rd party modules have been publicly released.